Subchapter P. RECORDS
- Section 800: OPEN RECORDS
- The Executive Director shall collect, assemble and maintain all records of official UIL business and, except as otherwise provided by law, all such information in connection with its transaction of official business is, subject to legal exceptions, public information under the provisions of the Texas Open Records Act and is available for public inspection and disclosure during normal business hours.
- Section 801: REQUESTS FOR ACCESS TO RECORDS
- (a) REQUESTS. Any Open Records Request seeking access to UIL records should be directed to the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer and Custodian of Records at The University of Texas at Austin as follows:
- A request for public information from the university can be made through The University of Texas Public Information Portal.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact:
Mr. Bob Davis, Open Records Coordinator, Office of the Vice President for Legal Affairs (512)-471-8300.
(b) PRODUCTION COSTS. Any expense incurred in the reproduction, preparation or retrieval of records shall be paid by the person requesting the record. Charges are set by the General Services Commission.
- Section 802: CONTEST RECORDS
- Each school year, the Executive Director shall collect, assemble, maintain and publish the previous year’s list of the winners of the UIL state contests.
Subchapter Q. PUBLICATIONS
- Section 825: UIL CONSTITUTION AND CONTEST RULES
- The Executive Director shall publish the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules, and all amendments thereto. One copy shall be distributed to all UIL members and their member schools without charge.
- Section 826: THE LEAGUER
(a) PUBLICATION. The Executive Director shall publish a newspaper, the Leaguer. The Leaguer is available online at http://www.uiltexas.org. Each member school is responsible for checking the website for updates.
(b) OFFICIAL INTERPRETATIONS. The Executive Director shall publish in the Leaguer the State Executive Committee’s Official Interpretations of the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules.
(c) STATE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ORDERS. The Executive Director shall publish in the Leaguer any other written order of the State Executive Committee when the order requests such publication.
(d) WAIVER REVIEW BOARD ABSTRACTS. The Executive Director shall publish in the Leaguer abstracts of written orders of the Waiver Review Board when the orders request such publication.
(e) DISTRICT EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ABSTRACTS. The Executive Director may publish in the Leaguer abstracts of written orders of District Executive Committees in cases when the orders request such publication.
(f) OTHER MATTERS: DISCLAIMER. The Executive Director may publish any other writing submitted for publication, but only with appropriate and prominently displayed disclaimers that the writing does not constitute, under the provisions of the UIL Constitution and Contest
Rules, an Official Interpretation or an official staff interpretation.
(g) MEMBER SCHOOLS, DISTRICTS Penalties. The Executive Director shall publish at least annually in the Leaguer the list of member schools, member school districts and contest districts currently being penalized.
(h) SCHOOL PERSONNEL Penalties. The Executive Director shall publish at least annually in the Leaguer the list of school district personnel who are currently being publicly penalized.
- Section 827: FORMS
- The Executive Director shall publish and make available to UIL member schools all forms required under the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules.
- Section 828: OTHER PUBLICATIONS
- The Executive Director may publish other documents that are necessary or desirable for the activities of the UIL and consistent with the policies of The University of Texas at Austin.
- Section 829: PUBLICATION CHARGES
- Except as otherwise provided above, the Executive Director shall establish and charge reasonable prices for all UIL publications.
Subchapter R. FINANCES
- Section 866: ANNUAL REPORT; BUDGET; AUDIT
(a) UNIVERSITY POLICY. This section involves policies of The University of Texas at Austin.
(b) PART OF THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN. The UIL is a part of The University of Texas at Austin.
(c) SUBMISSION OF ANNUAL REPORT, BUDGET. The UIL Executive Director annually prepares a report on the financial and programmatic conditions and activities of the UIL and a budget for the next year and submits them to the Vice President of The University of Texas at Austin.
(d) UNIVERSITY APPROVAL OF BUDGET REQUIRED. The UIL budget shall be approved by The University of Texas at Austin.
(e) AUDIT. All of the financial affairs of the UIL are audited in accordance with the policies of The University of Texas at Austin.
(f) AUTHORIZED EXPENDITURES. All expenditures of UIL funds shall be authorized consistent with the rules, regulations and practices of The University of Texas at Austin.
- Section 867: SOURCES OF INCOME
- The UIL’s sources of income are as follows:
(a) membership dues; Refer to https://www.uiltexas.org/policy/membership/dues
(b) entry fees; Refer to https://www.uiltexas.org/policy/fees
(c) open records productions;
(d) publication sales;
(e) filing fees for review of waivers and retroactive waivers;
(f) net revenue for state level cross-country, track and field, swimming and diving, tennis, team-tennis, wrestling, one-act play and marching band contests;
(g) an annually determined percentage of revenue for state level baseball, basketball, soccer, softball, and volleyball;
(h) an annually determined percentage of football post-district play-off gate receipts;
(i) proceeds from radio and television broadcasting and telecasting contracts;
(j) revenue from sponsorships and licensing the use of trademarks and logos;
(k) grants; and
(l) any other revenue generated by UIL in compliance with State Law and University policy.
- Section 868: BROADCASTS OF UIL EVENTS:
(a) CONTRACT SCOPE AND PROCESS. The UIL retains all broadcast rights to all UIL post-regular season events and activities. The UIL Executive Director may, subject to applicable University of Texas at Austin procedures, recommend a contract(s) for broadcast rights for all UIL post-regular season events and activities. The UIL Executive Director may, subject to necessary approval by The University of Texas at Austin, enter into a contract on behalf of UIL for broadcast rights for all UIL post-regular season events and activities.
(b) RIGHTS GRANTED. The broadcast rights granted in a contract under this section may include, in whole or in part, every medium and/or visual content presently existing or that may be developed in the future. The rights granted may also provide for live and/or delayed broadcasts as well as ancillary programing, such as highlights shows.
A delayed broadcast, for purposes of this rule, is a broadcast of a UIL activity or event that begins at least one hour after the conclusion of the activity or event.
A radio broadcast, for purposes of this rule, is any live or delayed audio only broadcast of a UIL activity or event regardless of the means or medium of transmission.
A telecast, for purposes of this rule, is any live or delayed television or other broadcast of the visual content, images or pictures of a UIL activity or event regardless of the means or medium of transmission.
A webcast, for purposes of this rule, is any telecast streamed over the internet.
(c) LIVE FOOTBALL TELECAST LIMITED. In accordance with UIL broadcast guidelines, UIL member schools may permit the live webcast of a regular season football game on a Friday night. Other live telecasts of a regular season football game on a Friday night, including over-the-air television broadcasts, shall not be permitted.
PILOT PROGRAM: UIL is allowed an exception to Section 868 (c) to authorize the broadcast of a live Friday game or games on one Friday night during a single football season.
(d) BROADCASTS NOT COVERED BY UIL CONTRACT. In cases where broadcast rights, either in whole or part, for a UIL post-season activity or event are not granted to a third party in a contract under this section or when under the terms of such a contract the broadcast rights of a particular UIL post-regular season event or activity will not be exercised, the broadcast rights are retained by UIL. Any contract entered into by participating schools under this subsection must be approved by the UIL and be consistent with and subject to a contract under this section concerning broadcast rights for UIL post-regular season activities and events.