The Function of the Contest Manager- Like an umpire or referee in a sporting event, the Contest Manager serves as the official during a one-act play competition. The function of the Contest Manager is to fully organize the contest, but you are also responsible for administration and enforcement of all League rules at the contest site.
As the manager at any level in the One-Act Play Contest, you represent that level director and executive committee (district or regional) and the League. It is your responsibility to operate the contest in STRICT accordance with League rules and the OAP Handbook.
FIRST THING TO DO!
If you do not have one, Acquire a UTEID and Authorization
“When do I start?”
For district/zone contests, find out if a planning meeting was held. They are scheduled between mid-August and November 1 of each school year. If the meeting has not been held, it is important that you attend.
Planning meetings for bi-district must be scheduled after State, Region and Area adjudicators are announced and no later than August 10th.
Sample Planning Meeting Agenda Available on OAP Handbook - A Guide for Contest Managers
Please send contest information for Bi-District
Bi-District, Area and Region packets may be sent to the State Theatre Office
For Area and Region there are no planning meetings
TTAO Contest Manager Certification Training - See TTAO Website for updates
Report Technical problems to email@example.com
TTAO TABULATION SYSTEM
TTAO Web-Based Tabulation System Available for PC and Mac
TTAO Web-Based Tabulation System Instructions - This pdf will provide step by step instructions.
UIL One-Act Play Tabulation Explained Video HERE (will redirect you to youtube)
Materials & Forms for Contest Managers and Meet Officials
- Contest Managers Contest Result and Attendance Report Forms
- Ballot - Acting Awards (For Panel or Single Adjudicator) - This is an Adobe Acrobat based writable form. It can also be printed and filled out manually.
- Ballot - Panel Ranking - This is an Adobe Acrobat based writable form. It can also be printed and filled out manually.
- Critiques - UIL Study for One-Act Play Critiques for 2021-22
- Evaluation Form for CONTEST MANAGERS to Evaluate the Contest - 2021-22
- Evaluation Form for CRITIC JUDGES to Evaluate the Contest - 2021-22
- Glossary of One-Act Play Judging Terms
- Judge's Evaluation Form (Not interactive, for printing)
- Judge's Evaluation Form (interactive)
- Sound Check mp3 - This is the official sound check you may use to test sound equipment during your setup at contest. It shall not be altered. The text: "This is an official sound check" followed by a count from one to twenty.
- Timekeeper Form
- TTAO Web-based Tabulation Tool - Will work with Mac and PC
- TTAO Web-Based Tabulation Tool Instructions - This pdf provides step by step instructions
For Contest Managers & Meet Officials
First day to contact a single adjudicator or the first member of a panel for District or Zone contests
First day to draw performance order
Deadline to report bi-district information and adjudicators to state office
Deadline to hold director's planning meeting
First day to contact and contract the second and third members of a panel for zone and district contests
Deadline to set up district One-Act Play Meets in the Spring Meet Entry System
Deadline for executing judging contracts
Deadline for Contest Managers to certify online--This must be done annually
Deadline for certifying the results for district and bi-district contests