High School Academic Meets
Rather than going to the district meet without any formal experience in a contest, most high school students attend invitational or practice meets in their local area. While the UIL does not govern such meets, most host schools abide by UIL rules. Visit the Invitational Meets section for a continually updated list of high school meets for the current year.
Only UIL member schools may participate in UIL district, regional and state meets. Check with your school's principal or academic coordinator for more details.
2016-17 Official Calendar:
- Congress district meets: Nov 1 - Nov 15
- Cross-examination debate districts meets: January 2 - February 11
- Academic Invitational A meets: January 6 - Feb 4
- Congress state meet: Jan 9-11
- Film contest deadline to submit entries: Jan 25
- Academic Invitational B meets: February 10 - March 11
- UIL Young Filmmakers Festival state finalist screening:
- Cross-examination Debate State Meet: 1A-3A March 13-14; 4A-6A March 17-18
- Academic district week: March 20-25
- One-Act Play District & Bi-District Certification: March 25
- Speech 2nd district weekend: March 31-April 1; No other academic events scheduled.
- Academic, Speech and One-Act Play Regional meets: April 6-8
- One-Act Play State Meet (1A-3A): April 20-22
- Academic State Meet: April 21-22 (non-speech events)
- One-Act Play State Meet (4A-6A): April 24-26
- Speech/LD Debate State Meet: May 22-23