The UIL and MaxPreps
The UIL is partnered with MaxPreps to efficiently collect scores, to help manage postseason brackets and to update the UIL Texas Scoreboard, to highlight member school information. MaxPreps’ industry leading platform provides schools with various desktop, tablet, and mobile options to keep their team information accurate. Once team information is submitted to MaxPreps it will be automatically made available to the UIL.
All teams that qualify for the postseason must update complete season results (schedules and scores), rosters and team photos on MaxPreps. The UIL will use this information for postseason publications and to provide accurate coverage for all post-season teams.
- Coaches, you will soon receive a letter from MaxPreps containing a code specifically for your school. When you register enter this code to gain access to your school's teams.
- Fans and other members of the public may also sign up for a MaxPreps account, which will allow them to submit scores from UIL contests that will appear after verification on the UIL and MaxPreps sites.
+ Show All Answers
- What is the UIL Texas Scoreboard?
The UIL Texas Scoreboard is a multimedia tool available only on uiltexas.org. Currently, scores and weekly schedules for football, volleyball, basketball, soccer, baseball and softball are available on the site. There are plans to add standings and stat leader boards in the future. The data presented via the UIL Texas Scoreboard is dependent upon information submitted by coaches and schools to MaxPreps.
- What do coaches need to do?
In order to accurately manage important UIL initiatives, coaches are required to update their postseason game information and scores MaxPreps immediately after each game. All playoff teams also must have complete schedules (with scores), rosters and a team photo updated on MaxPreps. The UIL is encouraging coaches to keep their MaxPreps pages updated during the regular season. Click here for instructions on how to update postseason information.
- How will the MaxPreps and UIL agreement impact UIL playoff brackets?
This will only impact how the brackets look, not where they are located. UIL will use MaxPreps technology to display and complete playoff brackets on the UIL website.
- How do coaches sign up to get free access to their administrative account on MaxPreps for the first time?
Coaches or Athletic Directors can follow this link to become a MaxPreps member and follow the prompts to request access.
- Can coaches allow a team statistician or assistant coach to help manage their team information?
Yes! Once the coach has access to their team admin page, they can give other individuals access to their page to help keep their team information accurate.
- What if I already have a MaxPreps account?
Coaches and fans with an existing MaxPreps account will just need to continue submitting information, it will automatically be linked to the UIL Texas Scoreboard and the UIL Playoff Brackets.
- What do Athletic Directors need to do?
Athletic Directors simply need to clearly communicate with coaches to keep their scores and other team information updated on MaxPreps. ADs should direct any new coaches or coaches currently not using MaxPreps to contact MaxPreps at 800-329-7324 x1 or email@example.com, to sign up immediately.
- Can Athletic Directors control their MaxPreps team pages, if desired?
Athletic Directors can control every single team page from their free “School Administration” page on MaxPreps. While MaxPreps recommends coaches are responsible for their own team information, MaxPreps provides 100% free reporting, communication and school management tools for athletic directors, if desired. In order to gain access to your school administration page, please contact MaxPreps at 800-329-7324 x1 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to sign up today.
- Can district certification be done through MaxPreps?
No, the district chair for each sport will still need to submit the district certification form to the UIL by the deadline.
- Which sports are included in the partnership?
At this time, football, volleyball, boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, baseball and softball are included on the UIL Texas Scoreboard, and the UIL uses the MaxPreps bracket system for the postseason for those sports.
- What about other sports?
The partnership includes football, baseball, softball, volleyball, boys and girls basketball, and boys and girls soccer, but coaches from any other sports may still choose to use MaxPreps’ free platform.
- Is MaxPreps compatible with other stat programs?
In addition to MaxPreps’ own mobile, tablet, and desktop tools, MaxPreps is compatible with more than 45 different stat companies across multiple sports. Click here to view MaxPreps stat partners.
- Does MaxPreps have an app to manage team information?
- How can fans participate with their teams?
This season the UIL is encouraging all teams to assign live-scoring responsiblities to a trusted program volunteer. The new MaxPreps fan app allows the program volunteer to provide live scoring updates on their mobile device during the game, to keep your high school community enganged and informed. All scores/updates will be avilalbe statewide on the UIL Scoreboard. The app is availalbe for IOS and Android devices.
- Who can I contact with additional questions?
Coaches and ADs may contact MaxPreps Texas representative Josh Taylor at email@example.com, or may direct questions to MaxPreps coach support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 800-329-7324 ext 1. MaxPreps also has a support website at support.maxpreps.com.
- Read the UIL press release about the UIL and MaxPreps partnership