Subchapter A: ACADEMICS (926)
Section 926: HIGH SCHOOL COMPUTER APPLICATIONS CONTEST
(a) THE CONTEST.
(1) Purpose. The Computer Applications Contest prepares students to have a thorough, working knowledge of word processing software applications and to direct data from one application to another with speed and accuracy.
(2) Format. The contest focuses on word processing speed and accuracy, computer skills in database and spreadsheet, and integration of applications. Contestants will have the opportunity to process two printouts and the mandatory tiebreaker.
(3) Materials. Contestants shall provide their own equipment, supplies and software suitable for competition as outlined in the contest handbook.
(1) Individual Competition. Each member high school may enter as many as three individuals in the district meet.
(2) Team Competition. There is no team competition in this event.
Individuals qualify for the next level of competition according to Section 902.
Ties through sixth place are to be broken through the tiebreaker document. If the percent accuracy scores on the tie breaker are the same, then a tie exists.