Subchapter A: ACADEMICS (920)
Section 920: HIGH SCHOOL ACCOUNTING CONTEST
- (a) THE CONTEST.
(1) Purpose. The Accounting Contest prepares students in principles and practices of accounting for sole proprietorships, partnerships and corporations.
(2) Format. The contest may include bookkeeping terminology, the worksheet with adjustments, income statement, balance sheet, trial balance, account classification, journalizing, posting, bank reconciliation, payroll and other items related to the basic accounting cycle.
(3) Calculators. Refer to the contest handbook for restrictions on calculators.
- (b) ENTRIES.
(1) Individual Competition. Each member high school may enter as many as four individuals in the district meet.
(2) Team Competition. A school shall have a minimum of three contestants compete in order to participate in the team competition. All four members of the winning team will advance to the next higher level of competition.
- (c) QUALIFICATION.
- Individuals, teams and wildcards qualify for the next level of competition according to Section 902.
- (d) Ties.
(1) Individual Competition. No ties are to be broken.
(2) Team Competition. Refer to Section 902 (h)(3)(D).