Recent Athletics Site News & Updates
UIL Scholar-Athlete Program
The University Interscholastic League and the NFHS Network will showcase top performing male and female student athletes from around the state with the UIL Scholar-Athlete of the month program. The UIL Scholar-Athlete of the Month award recognizes high school athletes who demonstrate excellence in the classroom as well as on the athletic field.
2015 Cross Country State Meet Schedule
2015-16 Swimming Rules Changes Include Lifting of Jewelry Restrictions
2016 Track & Field Rules Release
1A and 2A Volleyball Alignments/Playoffs
Please see the information below concerning the 2015-2016 UIL 1A and 2A volleyball.
- The 2015-2016 alignments have been released and posted under the alignments page (http://www.uiltexas.org/volleyball/alignments).
- Four 2A teams from each district will advance to the 2A bracket.
- Three 1A teams from each district will advance to the 1A bracket.
- Each District Executive Committee will determine the guidelines for playoff teams in 1A and 2A.
- The 2A volleyball district chair is responsible for certifying BOTH 1A and 2A prior to the district certification deadline.
2015-16 UIL Athletic Rule Changes
2015-16 Sport Season Dates & Game/Tournament Limits
2015 NCAA Football Rule Changes and UIL Exceptions
The 2015 NCAA Football Rule Changes along with the UIL Exceptions to NCAA Football Rules (2015-2016 School Year) have been posted on the Football Rules and Guidelines page. This information may also be accessed via the corresponding links.
2016 Basketball Ticket Information
Due to the postponement of ticket sales, the 2016 Member School ticket order forms are being processed now and will be mailed out to member school superintendents, principals, athletic directors, and basketball coaches in September.
General Public All-Tournament ticket sales will begin May 26, 2015 at 10:00 AM through Ticketmaster.
All-Tournament tickets may be purchased through the following options beginning May 26, 2015 at 10:00 AM:
- Participating Ticketmaster locations
- Calling Ticketmaster by phone at 1-800-745-3000
- Alamodome box office - walk-up ONLY (no personal checks will be accepted)
Girls State All-Tournament Ticket...............................................$75.00*
Girls 3-day Parking Pass......$45*
Boys State All-Tournament Ticket.............................................$100*
Boys 3-day Parking Pass.....$45*
Children 2 years of age and younger (not occupying a seat)..............FREE
*Additional fees may apply.
If there are any issues or questions with ticket orders, please contact Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000.
Week 5 Football Playoff Telecasts
The week 5 football playoff games listed in this document will be telecast or webcast.