DEC Handbook - Chair Checklist
NOTE: A thorough review of the rules listed below, and Sections 1200 through 1209 in addition to applicable rules within the Athletic Plan for each specific activity in the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules, should be made by each District Executive Committee each school year.
The district executive committee chairman will not receive playoff packets for teams. The district representatives will be able to find playoff information on the UIL website. The chair will certify representatives for team sports online at www. uiltexas.org.
In individual sports, the chairman sends district results to the regional director. A district handbook will be sent to you prior to the certification date. Do not send district results to the UIL office.
Click here to access complete Online UIL Constitution and Contest Rules.
- 2022-2023 Tentative Sport Season Dates & Game/Tournament Limits
- DEC First Meeting Agenda & Chair Notes
- DEC Chair Confirmation
- Guidelines: Code of Ethics for UIL Committees
- Section 21: Responsibility of the Superintendent
- Section 28 & 29: District Executive Committee & Penalties the DEC can impose.
- DEC Penalty Grid
- Section 1203: Duties of the Athletic DEC
- Coaches Certification Program
- DEC Financial Report Form - The Legislative Council approved the UIL Coaches Certification Program (CCP) that is required for coaches and athletic trainers of grades 7-12.
Section 28(n), UIL Constitution and Contest Rules now requires each District Executive Committee or administrative equivalent (Region in Music) to submit a financial report on a form approved by the Executive Director and the chair of the Legislative Council by June 30th of each year. The online DEC reporting form will collect information showing receipts and disbursements for each district contest or event that was held over the course of the school year along with any of the district’s account balances and other pertinent financial information. Please contact Dr. Kevin Jones if you need access to the online reporting form for your DEC (the official report must be submitted through the online form).
Annual Financial Reporting Form - printable (for reference only, use the link above to complete the survey.)