Four Day School Week
Academic Eligibility Calendar
For all school weeks shorter than 5 days, the first week can be counted as a full 5-day week and then the school would need to count 10 actual school days to determine when the three-week evaluation period check will occur.
For purposes of the law, "three school weeks" is defined as 15 class days. Exception: One, but only one of the three school weeks may consist of only three or four class days, provided school has been dismissed for a scheduled holiday period. Two class days does not constitute a "school week" for purposes of this law except Thanksgiving week if schools are on holiday Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
The 7 day grace period would not change.
Non-School Day: 60 minutes of strength and conditioning only. No skills training allowed.
(f) OFF-SEASON SCHOOL TEAM PRACTICES AND STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING. School teams shall not practice outside the specific allowable practice dates except during the one in-school day practice period.
- (1) Off-season skill activities before or after the school day or during the lunch periods are specifically prohibited.
- (2) Off-season strength and conditioning sessions are allowed. A strength and conditioning session shall be no more than one hour per day outside the school day, Monday through Friday, and a student shall attend no more than one session of supervised instruction per day. Students may use school-issued shoes and/or clothing before or after school.
For each extracurricular activity, a school district must limit students to a maximum of eight hours of practice and rehearsal outside the school day per school week.
School week means the week beginning at 12:01 a.m. on the first instructional day of a calendar week and ends at the close of instruction on the last instructional day of the calendar week, excluding holidays.
- Four-Day School Week Example:
- Friday Off: School week would begin 12:01 Monday through close of instruction on Thursday
- Monday Off: School week would begin 12:01 Tuesday through close of instruction on Friday
- Tues, Wed or Thurs Off: School week would begin 12:01 Monday through close of instruction on Friday