Radio Playoff Guidelines
Playoff Radio Broadcast Guidelines
Radio stations broadcasting a post-season event in all conferences in all sports are required to do the following:
- Receive permission from both schools and the venue.
- Play at least one UIL Commercial during the broadcast. The commercials can be downloaded below.
- Read the corresponding sports' state championship promotional information twice during the broadcast.
- Fill out the following Radio Playoff Request form prior to the broadcast.
The UIL will not approve or deny radio stations for any post-season games prior to the state championships. A radio station must have permission from both schools and the venue for each game, without this permission the schools or venue can deny a radio station the right to broadcast that game.
Radio stations will need to submit a media credential request for UIL State Championship Events, and pay the rights fee associated with a live play-by-play broadcast of that sport. Check each event's radio FAQs for more information about radio broadcasts at state championship events.
A radio station is required to play at least one UIL Spot during a live play-by-play broadcast. To download the commercials, click the link below then right click and click "Save As."
- We Stand for More than Our Acronym (60 seconds) - MP3
- We're Better Together (30 seconds) - MP3
- One Expectation (60 seconds) - MP3
- Timeout on Bad Behavior (60 seconds) - MP3
- There's a Place for You (30 seconds) - MP3
- The Last Classroom of the Day (30 seconds) - MP3
- Armchair Officials (30 seconds) - MP3
- Spanish script for commercials
Political announcements, cigarettes or other tobacco product, gambling services or venues, sexual services or adult entertainment venues, alcohol and firearms advertisements are prohibited during radio broadcasts of any UIL activities.