Spring Training Practice Regulations
Section 1250 of the UIL C&CR
- Spring Training
There shall be no school football practice or training for a contestant or team, and no football equipment issued after the close of the regular season schedule, except as incidental to the football championship playoffs and, in Conferences 5A and 6A only, 18 spring training practice days which may be conducted in a period of 34 calendar days.
Exception: Conference 5A and 6A schools may choose not to conduct the 18 days of spring training, replacing said training the next school year by following the workout days as specified for Conferences 4A, 3A, 2A and 1A.
- Spring Training Practice Regulations
Any 5A or 6A school participating in Spring Training shall be in accordance with the following regulations:
- No more than 18 practices over a 34 calendar day period.
- During the first two days of Spring Training, only t-shirts, shorts, and helmets may be worn, and no contact activities are permitted.
- A maximum of 12 of the allotted 18 practices may contain full-contact activities.
- Football players are not allowed to participate in more than ninety (90) minutes of full contact practice per week.
- Only 3 practices per calendar week may contain full contact activities during Spring Training.
*Full Contact – Any football drill or live game simulation where players are at a “competitive” full-speed pace, and players are taken to the ground.