Volleyball Manual Post Season Information
Post Season Information
- Playoff Information
Certification of District Representatives. The last date for certifying the district representatives to the League office is October 29, 2022. It is mandatory that the District Chair certifies the district representatives on the UIL website. Volleyball District Certification Instructions.
Teams Advancing to the Playoffs.
Conference 1A - three teams will advance to the postseason
Conference 2A-6A - four teams will advance to the postseason
UIL Playoff Reporting Forms. Coaches are required to submit playoff results immediately following their contest. The winning school should submit playoff game results and next round information via MaxPreps through the assigned coach/admin account. The score reported by a coach on a team's page will automatically fill in the bracket. The completeness of the data presented on the UIL Texas Scoreboard will be dependant upon the participation of schools and coaches. For more information, please see https://www.uiltexas.org/athletics/uil-maxpreps
Bi-District Match-ups. Once all DEC Chairs have submitted final district standings, bi-district playoff matchups will automatically be created and appear on the bracket once UIL publishes. Please do not create you bi-district match-up in your MaxPreps account. Once you see the match-up on your schedule in MaxPreps, please add game details (date, time & location).
Team Information & Pictures. Teams winning the regional quarterfinal game must submit the following materials to the UIL no later than Wednesday, November 9, 2022.
- Team Information Form (list of players, coaches, etc.; and list of all games played) – fill out online on the UIL website at https://www.uiltexas.org/forms/team-info-volleyball.
- Team Picture – 1MB, color, email to email@example.com
- Picture of Head Coach (head and shoulder shot) – 1 MB, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- School’s Mascot (camera ready art work if possible, if not a copy of the mascot from your letterhead, etc.) – 1MB email to email@example.com
Contracts. All playoff arrangements between two schools should be made in writing and signed to protect both parties.
Sites. Sites for all rounds of playoffs prior to the regional tournament are to be selected by the teams involved. See Section 1208 (o)(p) of the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules. If schools cannot agree, they must flip a coin.
- Neutral Sites: A site mid-point or near mid-point, or a site agreed on by both schools as neutral, is a neutral site. Unless mutually agreeable, a site cannot be neutral if its distance from either school is more than two-thirds the total distance between the schools.
- Home Sites: When two schools flip for two separate sites other than their home field or court, the sites are considered home sites unless both sites are near mid-point.
- Mid-Point Sites: Unless mutually agreed otherwise, post-district contests in the team sports of baseball, basketball, soccer, softball, team tennis, and volleyball shall be a mid-point site for schools located more than 100 miles apart.
Warm-up Games. Teams that have advanced to the playoffs may schedule a warm-up game after the District Certification Date that is set by the UIL calendar and before their first playoff game if a team has not reached their allowable season limit. School week limitations still apply. Note: Prior to district certification, games left in your allowable season limit may be scheduled like any other regular season game. Exception – Warm-up games for teams who have exhausted their season limit are given a UIL exception under the following conditions:
- Teams that are district champions AND have a first round bye
- The one game exception can be played only at the end of your school day on Friday, last day of instruction (with no loss of school time) or anytime on Saturday
Police Protection. Adequate police protection should be provided for all playoff games, whether the game is played at a neutral site or on the home court of one of the teams.
Regional Tournament. Friday and Saturday, November 11-12, 2022. Sites for all conferences can be found on the UIL website at http://www.uiltexas.org/volleyball/regional-sites.
Officials. Officials for bi-district, area, regional quarter-finals, regional semi-finals and state semi-final matches will be determined by the two competing schools. If officials cannot be agreed upon by both teams, the team on the top of the bracket will need to include a list of chapters that they prefer to not call the match (scratch list) that is representative of both teams, and the UIL will make the assignment.
- UIL will assign officials for the regional finals & the state finals.
- Official's Assignment Request Form: https://www.uiltexas.org/form/officials-request/volleyball.php
- State Tournament
Site and Dates. Curtis Culwell Center, 4999 Naaman Forest Blvd. Garland, TX 75040; November 16-19, 2022.
Pairings for the Tournament. Teams will be placed in the bracket according to their win/loss record. The two best records will be placed in opposite halves, and the third best record will be placed up or down as determined by a coin flip.
State Ball. The official game ball for the State Volleyball Tournament will be the Baden 2BSFPY.
Lodging Instructions. Schools will be responsible for securing their own lodging. UIL will provide schools with a list of hotels in the area.
Rebates. Each school is responsible for paying its own tournament expenses.
State Qualifier Handbook. For those schools who qualify for the State Tournament, the UIL will send out the State Qualifier Handbook which will contain more detailed information regarding the State Tournament.