Subchapter B: MUSIC (1114)
Section 1114: STATE WIND ENSEMBLE FESTIVAL
- (a) ELIGIBILITY.
- Any school’s varsity band may enter the state wind ensemble festival provided an overall Division I rating was received at the current year’s region concert evaluation.
- (b) ENTRY REQUIREMENTS.
(1) Letter of Intent. A letter of intent to perform at the event may be submitted at any time during the school term following the procedures on the UIL website. All entries will be filed according to the date received.
(2) Entry Procedures. Entries will be certified by the UIL Office upon notice that the ensemble received a Division 1 rating at the region concert evaluation. Notification should be sent to the UIL Office within 72 hours following that event.
(3) Ensembles will then be assigned performance times based on the date that the “intent to enter” the festival was received. A maximum of 18 ensembles will be scheduled.
- (c) MUSIC REQUIREMENTS.
- Each group will perform a minimum of two or a maximum of three selections chosen from any source suitable for wind ensemble. A copyright compliant full score of each selection with measures numbered shall be provided for each of the three evaluators.
- (d) EVALUATION AND CLINIC.
- Each band will receive an evaluation from a panel of three nationally recognized music educators. Immediately following their performance each ensemble will receive a clinic from one of these evaluators.
- (e) AWARDS.
- In recognition of their musical achievement each band will receive a participant award at the conclusion of their performance.
- (f) RECOGNITION OF EXEMPLARY MUSICAL ACHIEVEMENT.
- Individual performers and/or sections from each ensemble may be honored for exemplary musical achievement.
- (g) PERFORMANCE ATTENDANCE.
- Each participating school shall attend the performance of at least two other ensembles at the festival.