Cross Country Frequently Asked Questions
+ Show All Answers
- How many meets are allowed during the school year?
- Eight, excluding one district meet, the regional meet and the state meet.
- If my athlete wants to run in a 3k, 5k, 10k, Fun Run, etc, will that count towards the allotted eight meets?
- No, as long as the student is not wearing and/or using school equipment or being directed or transported by a school employee.
- How many individuals and/or teams qualify from the district meet to the regional meet?
- The top three teams and the top 10 individuals shall qualify from district to the regional meet. An individual qualifier may also be a team member of one of the qualifying teams.
- How many individuals and/or teams qualify from the regional meet to the state meet?
- The top four teams and the top 10 individuals (who are not already on an advancing team) shall qualify from regional to the state meet.
- Which medals/trophies are awarded at the regional meets?
- 1st place team- trophy + 7 medals; 2nd and 3rd place team- 7 medals; Top 10 individuals- medals.
- Which medals/trophies are awarded at the state meet?
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams- trophy + 8 medals (7 runners and 1 coach); Top 10 individuals- medals.
- What is the entry fee for the state meet?
- There is NO fee shall you have an athlete qualify for the state meet. District and Regional Meet fees are determined by the meet directors.