Football Radio Broadcast FAQs
RADIO BROADCAST: Live or delayed audio broadcast of a contest that can be transmitted through AM/FM radio, Internet audio stream, podcast, high definition radio, satellite radio, smart phone apps, tablet computer apps or any other medium.
+ Show All Answers
- How do I obtain media credentials to the UIL Football State Championships?
- You will need to follow the policies and procedures outlined in the UIL Football State Championships Media Policy.
- What is required to do a play-by-play radio broadcast of a game during the UIL football playoffs?
To broadcast a football playoff game, stations must do the following:
1. Receive permission from both schools and the venue.
2. Play the UIL Institutional Spot and UIL Sponsor Spot once during the broadcast. The commercials can be downloaded here: Radio Playoff Guidelines
3. Fill out the following Radio Playoff Request Form prior to the broadcast.
4. Read the state championship promotional information twice during the broadcast.
- Are there broadcast rights fees at the UIL State Football Championships?
- Yes. The radio broadcast rights fee for the UIL Football State Championships is $175 per game.
- Are there any restrictions on radio broadcasts at the UIL State Football Championships?
- Yes. There shall be no destructive criticisms of officials' decisions, and no mention shall be made of injuries, unpreventable accidents, or other incidents that could cause any anxiety on the part of listeners.
- Are there any restrictions on the type of advertisements that can be played during radio broadcasts of the UIL State Football Championships?
- Yes. Political announcements, cigarettes or other tobacco product, gambling services or venues, sexual services or adult entertainment venues, alcohol and firearms advertisements are prohibited during radio broadcasts of any UIL activities.
- Where can I find specific rules from the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules that pertain to radio broadcasts?
- To see a PDF of the exact rules from the UIL C&CR, please click here.