Athletics Health & Safety
Safety Training Program
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
The UIL values the health and safety of all student-athletes. We've provided access to important health and safety information for students, parents and coaches.
These links provide information about a wide range of health and safety issues. Opinions, perspectives, and conclusions expressed in any external websites are copyrighted by the relevant organizations and are not expressed UIL policy.
Health & Safety Information
- Cheerleader Safety FAQ
- Cold Weather Illness
- Emergency Medical Procedures
- Free Heat Illness Guide Available from NFHS
- Heat Stress and Athletic Participation
- Information on Staphylococcal Infections for Athletes
- Information on Staphylococcal Infections for Athletic Departments
- Lightning Safety
- NFHS Recommendations for Hydration
- Reducing Head and Neck Injuries in Football