Rules Compliance Program
The Rules Compliance Program (RCP) is required for coaches of grades 7-12.
Rules, Guidelines, and Materials
- Preseason Practices Outside the School Year Regulations (updated for 2013)
- Pre-Season Football Practice Limitations Q and A
- 2013-2014 Rule Changes
- Summer Strength and Conditioning Program Regulations
- Sport Season Dates and Number of Games Allowed 2013-14
- Charitable Cause Guidelines
- Round Robin Scheduling
- Off Season and Non-School Participation Regulations
- Booster Club Guidelines
Educational & Training Programs
Policy and Administration
- Constitution & Contest Rules
- Eligibility Standards for UIL Contests
- No Child Left Behind - AYP Transfers and Varsity Athletic Eligibility
- Courses Eligible for No Pass No Play Exemption
- UIL Anabolic Steroid Testing Program Information
- Superintendent Reporting Requirements Under the Disciplinary Proceedings for Educators
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- CSIET Approved Program List for Foreign Exchange Students
The UIL provides services to its member schools in the organization and administration of region and state championships in 14 sports. The athletics homepage is designed to provide information on all UIL sponsored sports.
Athletics News & Updates
Weather and Football Playoffs
There has been a significant weather system come into Texas.
The decision on whether or not to move forward with playoff games as scheduled is left to the schools involved in the contest. The recommendation is that should schools decide the conditions do not allow for the game to be played today, that schools wait and see if the conditions are better for Saturday and try to get the game in Saturday, if conditions permit.
If Saturday also is not an option, schools can extend the deadline and play the playoff game on Monday of next week. Start times of any games on Monday are at the discretion of the schools.
If schools do have to postpone until Monday, be aware that the next round game will then have to be moved to Saturday 12/14 at the earliest to satisfy the five day requirement between games.
The playoff brackets are updated as we receive information from participating schools. If you are a participating school and your game has been rescheduled, please email the new date/time to firstname.lastname@example.org
2014-2016 Conference Cutoff Numbers
Conference cutoff numbers for the 2014-16 alignment have been released. These numbers provide the range of enrollment for each of the six conferences, including the divisional cutoffs for football. District alignments for football and basketball will be released at the regional service centers and online on February 3, 2014.
2014-2016 Conference Cutoff Numbers release date
The University Interscholastic League will release the conference cutoff numbers for the 2014-16 alignment on Monday December 2, 2013 at 9 am CST. These numbers will provide the range of enrollment for each of the six conferences, including the divisional cutoffs for football. The numbers may be accessed on the UIL website.
Policy on Broadcast of UIL Events
Section 868 of the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules regarding the broadcast of UIL events has been recently amended.
Revised 2013 Cross Country Courses
Due to inclement weather, the courses have been altered for the state meet on Saturday, November 9th at Old Settlers Park in Round Rock. Please note the new course maps have been posted on the Cross Country state page.