Recent Athletics Site News & Updates
STAAR Testing and Soccer Playoffs
If your school is administering state testing, by state law, you are not allowed to play a playoff soccer game on that day. Please recognize that this is not a UIL rule, but a state law. Please read the excerpt from section 33.0812 of the Texas Education Code:
Sec.33.0812. SCHEDULING EXRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES PROHIBITED IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES.
(a) The State Board of Education by rule shall prohibit participation in a University Interscholastic League area, regional, or state competition.
(1) on Monday through Thursday of the school week in which the primary administration of assessment instruments under Section 39.023(a), (c), or (1) occurs; or
(2) if the primary administration of the assessment instruments is completed before Thursday of the school week, beginning on Monday and ending on the last school day on which the assessment instruments are administered.
Football Playoffs Weather Update
The decision on whether or not to move forward with playoff games as scheduled is left to the schools involved in the contest. If playing today, Saturday, November 28, is not an option, UIL will allow schools to extend the regional deadline to play on Monday, November 30. Start times of any games on Monday are at the discretion of the schools.
If schools do have to postpone until Monday, be aware that the next round game will then have to be moved to Saturday, December 5, at the earliest, to satisfy the five day requirement between games.
2016-2017 and 2017-2018 Conference Cutoff and Division Breaks
The 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 Conference Cutoff and Division Breaks have been released. The numbers are located on the Alignments page.
Cross Country State Championships- Packet Pick-up
Congratulations to the 2015 UIL Cross Country State Championship qualifiers!
Please disregard this message if you do not have athletes participating this year.
IMPORTANT CROSS COUNTRY MEET INFORMATION
PACKET PICK-UP: Friday, November 6th, packet pick-up will be held under the pavilion at Old Settlers Park between 2:00 and 6:00pm.
PACKET PICK-UP: Saturday, November 7th, schools MUST pick up packets at the school entrance only, enter the north side of the park from Old Settlers Blvd.
SCHOOLS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER OLD SETTLERS PARK OR PICK UP PACKETS FROM THE DELL DIAMOND ENTRANCE OFF OF HIGHWAY 79 ON MEET DAY.
Please check http://www.uiltexas.org/cross-country for inclement weather related revisions to any meet information and schedule.
Cross Country Regional Meet Updates
Due to heavy rain in many areas of the state, cross country regional sites have made some changes to warm-ups and other regional meet logistics. Please see the PDF for full details.
UIL Scholar-Athlete Program
The University Interscholastic League and the NFHS Network will showcase top performing male and female student athletes from around the state with the UIL Scholar-Athlete of the month program. The UIL Scholar-Athlete of the Month award recognizes high school athletes who demonstrate excellence in the classroom as well as on the athletic field.
2015 Cross Country State Meet Schedule
2015-16 Swimming Rules Changes Include Lifting of Jewelry Restrictions
2016 Track & Field Rules Release
1A and 2A Volleyball Alignments/Playoffs
Please see the information below concerning the 2015-2016 UIL 1A and 2A volleyball.
- The 2015-2016 alignments have been released and posted under the alignments page (http://www.uiltexas.org/volleyball/alignments).
- Four 2A teams from each district will advance to the 2A bracket.
- Three 1A teams from each district will advance to the 1A bracket.
- Each District Executive Committee will determine the guidelines for playoff teams in 1A and 2A.
- The 2A volleyball district chair is responsible for certifying BOTH 1A and 2A prior to the district certification deadline.