It is most important that each UIL member school stay current with all athletic rules and policies. This page contains sport specific rule and season information for baseball. For additional information on UIL rules, refer to the policy section or the manuals section of our web site.
The University Interscholastic League and MaxPreps.com have signed an agreement for the next three years. The agreement will enable UIL to present high school sports information on a customized platform.
Sport Season Dates and Number of Games Allowed 2013-14
Updated for 2013-14, this document contains season dates and game/tournament limits for all sports.
Baseball Dates - 2012-2013
|Date||Event or Deadline|
|January 25||First day for practice|
|February 4||First day for interschool scrimmages|
|February 18||First day for interschool games|
|April 30||District certification deadline|
|May 4||Bi-district deadline|
|*May 11||*Area deadline|
|*May 18||Regional quarterfinal deadline|
|May 25||Regional semi-final deadline|
|June 1||Regional playoff deadline|
|June 5-8||State Tournament|
*Notes on STAAR testing
- If any student in the school is taking any test (excluding makeup tests and retest) at any time that day, no playoff game can be scheduled Monday through Thursday, as required by state law.
- Once testing is complete for the week, teams may schedule playoff games beginning the following day, provided they remain in compliance with UIL rules for scheduling playoff games.
- On Friday, when there are timed tests that end at a time certain, with school approval teams could travel no earlier than 30 minutes after the scheduled end of tests on Friday.
- If any test for any student on a team involved in a post-season contest occurs on Friday and is an untimed test, travel for that team is not permitted until the end of the school day.
- If there are conflicts between a playoff series and the state track meet, it is recommended (but not required) that schools schedule only a one game series.
** All dates, times, and materials are subject to change.