UIL Capital Conference
17th ANNUAL UIL CAPITAL CONFERENCE
The University of Texas at Austin
July 12-13, 2013
Think of it as Coaching School for UIL Academics!
Held each summer at The University of Texas at Austin, the UIL Capital Conference offers everything a speech coach, theatre director, academic coach or coordinator—high school or elementary, middle or junior high—needs to know, from eligibility rules to setting up a budget to prose and poetry selections to researching the cross-examination debate resolution. Featuring many of the state's most outstanding and successful academic coaches and coordinators as well as many of the League's state contest directors, the Capital Conference is the most economical and effective way to make certain your school year kicks off on the right foot.
Registration on or before June 14 • $65 per person • $20 cancellation fee
Registration after June 14 • $85 per person, available until July 1
On-site registration • $100 per person
There is no longer a grant that subsidizes any portion of the conference.
ONLINE REGISTRATION REQUIRED * Online Registration will close on Monday, July 1 at 12 noon, after that register on-site for $100
Registration MUST be completed online at http://utdirect.utexas.edu/uilconf
- A UTEID is required to access the Online Registration System. To obtain a UTEID for the 1st time, retrieve a forgotten existing UTEID or reset a forgotten password, please go to: UT EID Self Service Tools
Payment by check must be mailed to UIL with a copy of the printed online invoice. Make checks payable to: The University of Texas at Austin, UIL.
PLEASE NOTE: Purchase orders cannot be used for registration.
- You may pay by credit card or electronic check following the online registration system prompts.
- Remember, you are not officially registered until the online registration has been completed and payment has been received.
Friday, July 12 Saturday, July 13
Check-in & Onsite Registration noon – 1:00 p.m. Workshop sessions 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Workshop sessions 1:15 – 6:30 p.m.
- a variety of sessions for high school academic coaches and coordinators in each time slot, covering most high school academic events.
- a full range of speech and debate sessions in all events offered in each time slot
- a full range of theatre and OAP sessions offered in each time slot
- a variety of sessions for A+ coaches and coordinators in each time slot
Specific classes will be offered for first-time as well as veteran coordinators/coaches for high school and elementary, middle school and junior high. If you are interested in presenting a workshop please contact the UIL academic staff.
Please note: There is no official host hotel for the conference