Recent Site News & Updates
2016 Basketball Ticket Information
Due to the postponement of ticket sales, the 2016 Member School ticket order forms are being processed now and will be mailed out to member school superintendents, principals, athletic directors, and basketball coaches in September.
General Public All-Tournament ticket sales will begin May 26, 2015 at 10:00 AM through Ticketmaster.
All-Tournament tickets may be purchased through the following options beginning May 26, 2015 at 10:00 AM:
- Participating Ticketmaster locations
- Calling Ticketmaster by phone at 1-800-745-3000
- Alamodome box office - walk-up ONLY (no personal checks will be accepted)
Girls State All-Tournament Ticket...............................................$75.00*
Boys State All-Tournament Ticket.............................................$100.00*
Children 2 years of age and younger (not occupying a seat)..............FREE
*Additional fees may apply.
If there are any issues or questions with ticket orders, please contact Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000.
Now available. Contestants should download and bring to competition.
Tne procedures for organizing the 2016 OAP B-District Meets are now online. Please remember that both districts are involved in the planning process. This is not based on unilateral decisions.
Softball and Baseball Limitations with STAAR Testing
According to section 33.0812 (a) and (e) of the Texas Education Code:
Sec. 33.0812. SCHEDULING EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES PROHIBITED IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES.
(a) The State Board of Education by rule shall prohibit participation in a University Interscholastic League area, regional, or state competition:
(1) on Monday through Thursday of the school week in which the primary administration of assessment instruments under Section 39.023(a), (c), or (l) occurs; or
(2) if the primary administration of the assessment instruments is completed before Thursday of the school week, beginning on Monday and ending on the last school day on which the assessment instruments are administered.
(e) This section does not apply to testing dates on which assessment instruments are administered only to students retaking assessment instruments.
It is the responsibility of each school to evaluate the testing calendar for students in their school to make determinations on participation in post season contests.
*Notes on STAAR testing
- If any student in the school is taking any test at any time that day (excluding those administered only to students retaking assessment instruments as noted above), no playoff game can be scheduled Monday through Thursday, as required by state law.
- Once testing is complete for the week, teams may schedule playoff games beginning the following day, provided they remain in compliance with UIL rules for scheduling playoff games.
- On Friday, when there are timed tests that end at a time certain, with school approval teams could travel no earlier than 30 minutes after the scheduled end of tests on Friday.
- If any test for any student on a team involved in a post-season contest occurs on Friday and is an untimed test, travel for that team is not permitted until the end of the school day.
- If there are conflicts between a playoff series and the state track meet, it is recommended (but not required) that schools schedule only a onegame series.
*** All dates, times, and materials are subject to change.
All Speech Qualifiers should carefully read all the information on this page.
6A Golf State Tournament Course Change
The Legacy Hills Golf Course at Sun City Texas Golf Club is replacing the University of Texas Golf Club as the site for the 2015 6A UIL Golf State Championships. All dates and times remain the same.
The practice round date is still Sunday, April 26. Monday and Tuesday, April 27-28, remain the two tournament dates. The coaches meeting remains Sunday, April 26 at 2 p.m.
All schools advancing to Area competition will need to submit this form to the contest manager. We will not be able to make changes to your online entries via the Spring Meet Entry System until you have advanced to Region. The form can be found on the Bi-District and Area pages of the Theatre site under Advancing Information.
All schools advancing to Bi-District competition will need to submit this form to the contest manager. We wil not be able to make changes to your online entries via the Spring Meet Entry System until you have advanced to Area. The form can be found on the Bi-District and Zone/ District pages of the Theatre site.
Congratulations 2015 State Champions!
1A - Lometa HS, 2A - Abernathy HS, 3A - Whitesboro HS, 4A - Athens HS, 5A - Lindale HS, 6A - Katy Taylor HS