Campus Registration for 2016-2017
Each campus that intends to participate in A+ Academics must register with the state office each year. Registered schools will receive a complimentary digital copy of the 2016-2017 A+ Handbook.
District Meet Form 2016-2017
For District Meet Directors ONLY: Click below to complete your district information form and order materials for your district meet.
invitational meet form
Constitution & Contest Rules
Every great journey begins with a first step, and the visionaries who built the League recognized that the first steps toward educational excellence must begin early. Academic competition for younger students was a part of the UIL program almost from the beginning, with the first junior division Declamation contest for students aged 10-14 in 1913. The first competition for students under age 10 was Spelling, which began a sub-junior division in 1921.
The program of academic competition for elementary, middle school and junior high officially became "A+ Academics" in 2008. A+ Academics includes 20 different events for grades 2-8. These events span the curriculum - they are designed to complement and expand upon what students learn in the classroom, both through learning specific subject knowledge, and through learning skills that are valuable in many disciplines. Approximately 3,000 Texas schools participate in A+ Academics, competing in more than 300 district meets each year.
Updates and Frequently Requested Information
- Social Studies outlines and Modern Oratory topics are posted
A+ Resources to Share
Click HERE to email any contest or practice A+ material that you would like to share with A+ UIL coaches and coordinators. These resources will be available in the near future.
A+ Academics News & Updates
A+ Spring District Meet Shipping Status
- CD Orders- CDs have been shipped for meets scheduled for February- April (materials should arrive by January 25).
- Print Orders- Print orders have been shipped for meets scheduled for February- March (materials should arrive by January 25).
Happy New Year Flyer
A+ Fall/Winter District Meet Shipping Status
Below are current estimated shipping dates for district materials:
- CD Orders- These were shipped on Monday, November 14th (to arrive before November 18).
- Meets scheduled for December 1-3: These were shipped on Tuesday, November 15th (to arrive before November 18).
- Meets scheduled for December 5: These are being shipped on Wednesday, November 16th (to arrive by November 18).
- Meets scheduled for December 6-9: These are being shipped on November 28th (to arrive by December 1)
- Meets scheduled for December 10-14: These are being shipped on November 29th (to arrive by December 2)
- Meets scheduled for January: These are being shipped on December 12 (to arrive by December 15)
A+ Invitational Meet Materials Shipping Status
A+ Invitational Meet CDs have started to ship as of October 18. The materials are being sent in order of meet date.