A+ Academics Resources
This is a list of independent companies who advertise preparatory materials for UIL elementary and junior high academic contests. The University Interscholastic League is not affiliated with any of the companies and cannot be responsible for any of their products or services.
AMT Test Writing Service
- 675 Miller Rd., Azle, TX 76020
- Phone: 817-444-3655
- Email: email@example.com
- Offers Number Sense: Elements of Number Sense by Jim Cummings. Contains preparatory material for the Number Sense Contest.
Arts Education IDEAS
- 38 Tory Hill Lane, Rowayton, CT 06853
- Phone: 203-229-0411; Fax: 203-847-0613
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.aeIDEAS.com
- Supplies materials for the Music Memory Contest. Offers a variety of packages containing CDs of the selections from the Official List along with curriculum materials (music memory bulletin). Also available, invitational test CD and Music Memory software.
- PO Box 737, Abilene, TX 79604-0737
- Phone: 800-627-9030; Fax: 888-627-7209
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.aswenterprises.com
- Supplies materials for the Spelling Contest. Offers complete practice materials, including computer programs, audio CDs and printed materials. Also customized Invitational Tests.
Chalk Hills Educational Resources
- PO Box 295, Lorena, TX 76655
- Phone: 254-717-7538; Fax: 254-857-4530
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.chalkhills.com
- Supplies review guides and practice test package for Science I & II.
- 600 Farm Hill Dr., Georgetown, TX 78633
- Phone/Fax: 512-819-9585
- Email: email@example.com
- Supplies "Conquering RPN Calculators!" UIL/TMSCA Calculator Skills for grades 5-8 using "Reverse Polish Notation" calculators: HP32sII, HP33s, and HP35s. An in-depth, self-teaching guide for teachers and students complete with practice test questions. Revised in 2012.
Educational Design Consultants
- 17366 FM 782 North, Tatum, TX 75691
- Phone: 903-836-4542; Fax: 903-836-4543
- Email: Orders@EDC4U.biz
- Website: www.EDC4U.biz
- Supplies complete coaching guides, activity sheets and other materials for Dictionary Skills, Listening Skills, Creative Writing and Ready Writing for elementary and junior high.
- 3606 Hillbrook, Austin, TX 78731
- Phone: 512-459-0033; Fax: 512-459-0050
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.StudioKay.com
- Supplies computer software for the Music Memory Contest.
- PO Box 199, Hunt, TX 78024-0199
- 800/725-2627; Fax: 830-367-3824
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.hexco.com
- Supplies materials for Dictionary Skills, Maps Graphs and Charts (New!), Number Sense, Oral Reading (New!), Science (New!) Social Studies, and Spelling contests. Software and printed products teach the annual word list in Spelling for each grade. A Number Sense program teaches and then drills students on some 70 shortcuts for this contest. New Practice Packets are now available for Dictionary Skills, Physical Science, and for Maps, Charts, and Graphs. Newly available are our Oral Reading Concept, Physical Science Concepts and FlipCards, and Social Studies Notes.
Mental Mathematics for Number Sense
- Frances Walzel
- 2023 CR 208, Cameron, TX 76520
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 254-697-3335 (attention Frances)
- Materials for primary, secondary and college levels. Offers 103-page booklet of problems, keys and coded pages for elementary and secondary number sense. This book can be used as a resource for a mathematical background in all high school classes. It has been used successfully for a higher score on the SAT, the state required test, and Junior College/College entrance exams.
- Jamie Pennington
- 1024 Scenic Drive, Justin, TX 76247
- Phone: 940-648-8587; Fax: 940-648-8580
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.uiltests.com
- Offers practice test sets and invitational tests for 5th/6th and 7th/8th Grade Social Studies, Science I & II, Maps, Charts, and Graphs, Dictionary Skills, Math, and Number Sense.
Dr. Numsen/Doug Ray
- PO Box 234, Bertram, TX 78605
- Phone: 512-797-2158; Fax: 208-575-9617
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.academicmeet.com
- Provides workbooks and practice tests for elementary and junior high Number Sense, Calculator Applications, and Mathematics. Available for Workshops. Author of Mastering Number Sense and Mastering Calculator Applications workbooks. Also available: Mastering Number Sense Drill Master (online practice software).
Herff Jones | Nystrom
- 4719 West 62nd Street, Indianapolis, IN 46268
- Phone: 800-621-8086; Fax 317-329-3305
- Email: email@example.com
- Offers the official atlas used in UIL elementary and junior high academic contests with special pricing established for UIL participants.
- 2908 Flamingo, McAllen, TX 78504
- Phone: 956-682-5185; Fax: 956-682-7281
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.rammaterials.com/
- Number Sense, Calculator Applications, Mathematics and Science practice tests, DVDS, and workbooks (including UIL, PSIA,and TMSCA Number Sense and UIL, PSIA, and TMSCA Mathematics workbooks) are available. Mr. Ramirez is also available for writing invitational meet tests and conducting workshops. His book, The Wizard Maker, portraying his story as a UIL coach and teacher is currently available through his website.
- PO Box 205, Masonville, CO 80541
- Phone: 970-669-3755; Fax: 970-669-3755
- E-mail: JrStoryteller@storycraft.com
- Website: www.storycraft.com/co
- Storytelling skills teaching/learning materials.
Texas Educational Paperbacks
- 3824 Cedar Springs Rd. #202, Dallas, TX 75219-4168
- Phone: 800-443-2078; Fax: 800-437-7070
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Offers the official dictionary used in UIL elementary and junior high academic contests with an educators' discount.
TMSCA Test Pool
- Texas Math/Sciences Coaches Association
- PO Box 1485, Breckenridge, TX 76024-1485
- Phone: 800-547-0323; Fax: 800-547-0323
- Offers study materials for math, number sense, calculator and science contests.
- PO Box 141727, Austin, TX 78714-1727
- Phone: 800-488-6346; Fax: 512-746-5400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.tuneinnet.com
- Supplies materials for the following contests:
- Art - large and small prints of the 40 pictures on the Official List; audio CD tour; the combined pictures and tour are available on DVD; original tests in contest format.
- Creative Writing - learning guide; practice package.
- Dictionary Skills - prep materials; practice tests.
- Listening - practice materials in contest format.
- Maps, Graphs & Charts - packages containing audio and print preparation materials; practice tests.
- Oral Reading - video workshop.
- Spelling - recorded practice tests in contest format.
- Storytelling - audio storybook library; booklets of original stories.