A+ Academics Resources
This is a list of independent companies who advertise preparatory materials for UIL elementary and junior high academic contests. The University Interscholastic League is not affiliated with any of the companies and cannot be responsible for any of their products or services.
AMT Test Writing Service
- 675 Miller Rd., Azle, TX 76020
- Phone: 817-444-3655
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offers Number Sense: Elements of Number Sense by Jim Cummings. Contains preparatory material for the Number Sense Contest. Accepts School PO's, checks, M/C, Visa, Amex, Disc.
ASW Enterprises, LLC
- 1501 W Angeline, Groesbeck, TX 76642
- Phone: 800-627-9030; Fax: 888-627-7209
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.aswenterprises.com
- Supplies materials for the Spelling Contest. Offers complete practice materials, including computer programs, audio CDs and printed materials. Also customized Invitational Tests.
Best of Texas
- 6318 Palmetto Way, San Antonio, TX 78253
- Phone: (210) 241-4734; Fax: (210) 236-9445
- Email: Peggy Markham firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.bestoftexascontest.com
- Apps for smart phones and tablets -- both iOS and Android -- in Spelling, Social Studies, Art, and Music Memory.
Chalk Hills Educational Resources
- PO Box 295, Lorena, TX 76655
- Phone: 254-717-7538; Fax: 254-857-4530
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.chalkhills.com
- Supplies review guides and practice test package for Science I & II.
- 600 Farm Hill Dr., Georgetown, TX 78633
- Phone/Fax: 512-819-9585
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supplies "Conquering RPN Calculators!" a 112-page, step-by-step manual with practice exercises using Hewlett-Packard Calculators.
- 3606 Hillbrook, Austin, TX 78731
- Phone: 512-459-0033; Fax: 512-459-0050
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.StudioKay.com
- Supplies computer software for the Music Memory Contest.
- PO Box 199, Hunt, TX 78024-0199
- 800/391-2891 or 830-367-3825; Fax: 830-367-3824
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.hexco.com
- Supplies materials for both High School and Grade School contests – Accounting, Art, Computer Applications, Computer Science, Current Issues & Events, Dictionary Skills, Journalism, Literary Criticism, Maps Graphs and Charts, Number Sense, Oral Reading, Ready Writing, Science, Social Studies, Storytelling, and Spelling & Vocabulary. Hexco offers an array of software, videos, online flashcards, and printed products. The company also writes and sells invitational tests for 12 dates per year. Experienced authors and editors.
Mental Mathematics for Number Sense
- Frances Walzel
- 2023 CR 208, Cameron, TX 76520
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Fax: 254-697-3335 (attention Frances)
- Materials for primary, secondary and college levels. Offers 103-page booklet of problems, keys and coded pages for elementary and secondary number sense. This book can be used as a resource for a mathematical background in all high school classes.
Mighty Music Publishing
- 40 N. IH 35, #11D1, Austin, TX 78701
- Phone: 800-809-8963; Fax: 512-233-1084
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.musicmemory.com
- Supplies materials for the Music Memory Contest - offering a variety of packages containing Animated Listening Maps and audio CDs of the selections from the Official List. Materials also include exciting lesson plans, wall signs, flash cards, practice tests, picture tests, and other curriculum materials. Contest CD and Music Memory software are also available.
- Jamie Pennington
- 1024 Scenic Drive, Justin, TX 76247
- Phone: 940-648-8587; Fax: 940-648-8580
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.uiltests.com
- Offers practice test sets and invitational tests for 5th/6th and 7th/8th Grade Social Studies, Science I & II, Maps, Charts, and Graphs, Dictionary Skills, Math, and Number Sense.
Dr. Numsen/Doug Ray
- PO Box 312578, New Braunfels, TX 78131
- Phone: 512-797-2158; Fax: 208-575-9617
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.academicmeet.com
- Provides workbooks and practice tests for elementary and junior high Number Sense, Calculator Applications, and Mathematics. Available for Workshops. Author of Mastering Number Sense and Mastering Calculator Applications workbooks. Also available: Mastering Number Sense Drill Master (online practice software) and Trick Center (online videos).
Herff Jones | Nystrom
- 4719 West 62nd Street, Indianapolis, IN 46268-2593
- Phone: 800-621-8086; Fax 317-329-3305
- Email: email@example.com
- Offers the official atlas used in UIL elementary and junior high academic contests with special pricing established for UIL participants.
Leo Ramirez, Sr.
- 9801 W. Parmer Lane #2622, Austin, TX 78717
- Phone: 956-491-3155 (cell)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.rammaterials.com/
- Number Sense, Calculator Applications, Mathematics and Science practice tests, DVDS, and workbooks (including UIL, PSIA,and TMSCA Number Sense and UIL, PSIA, and TMSCA Mathematics workbooks) are available. Mr. Ramirez is also available for writing invitational meet tests and conducting workshops.
myQBook Online Preparation Programs in Number Sense and Mathematics for all levels
- 1008 Big Canyon Drive, Flower Mound, TX 75028
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.myqbook.com
- myQBook provides complete online preparation programs in Number Sense and Mathematics for elementary, middle school and high school. Each program offers more than 350 concept explanations with many solved sample problems and 5 to 10 additional practice questions for each concept. Each program also offers 12 full-length online tests. Please email or call to get special discounted rates for schools.
- myQBook also offers free monthly online meets in Number Sense and Mathematics from October to April. Monthly cash awards are given to Teachers of winning teams. Please visit https://www.myqbook.com/meets to register your team.
RMG Learning Solutions
- 17366 FM 782 N, Tatum, TX 75691
- Phone: 903-836-2198
- Email: Rebecca@RMGlearningsolutions.com
- Website: www.RMGlearningsolutions.com
- Supplies web-based interactive learning modules, practice materials, and practice tests for Dictionary Skills and Listening Skills for grades 5/6 and 7/8 as well as Ready Writing modules for Grades 3 - 8. Modules also include printable resources and tests that spiral skills learned and culminate with a final test. Online Spelling practice tests are available as well! Campus subscription-based access allows all participants at a school to log on from any computer or tablet.
- PO Box 205, Masonville, CO 80541
- Phone: 970-669-3755; Fax: 970-669-3755
- E-mail: JrStoryteller@storycraft.com
- Website: www.storycraft.com/co
- Storytelling skills teaching/learning materials.
Texas Educational Paperbacks
- 3824 Cedar Springs Rd. #202, Dallas, TX 75219-4168
- Phone: 800-443-2078; Fax: 800-437-7070
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offers the official dictionary used in UIL elementary and junior high academic contests with an educators' discount.
Texas Math & Science Coaches Association (TMSCA)
- PO Box 206, Olney TX 76374
- Phone: 940-563-1005; Fax: 940-563-1006
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.tmsca.org
- Membership provides an information forum for coaches of math/science contests; access to purchase Practice Materials and Tournaments Tests for number sense, calculator, mathematics and science for high school, middle school and elementary levels; and access to enter on-line and state meets for all grade levels.
- PO Box 141727, Austin, TX 78714-1727
- Phone: 800-488-6346; Fax: 512-746-5400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.tuneinnet.com
- Supplies materials for the following contests:
- Art - large and small prints of the 40 pictures on the Official List; audio CD tour; the combined pictures and tour are available on DVD; original tests in contest format.
- Creative Writing - learning guide; practice package.
- Dictionary Skills - prep materials; practice tests.
- Listening - practice materials in contest format.
- Maps, Graphs & Charts - packages containing audio and print preparation materials; practice tests.
- Oral Reading - video workshop.
- Spelling - recorded practice tests in contest format.
- Storytelling - audio storybook library; booklets of original stories.
UIL Chess Puzzle Practice and Preparation Materials, Lone Star Chess LLC