Rules Compliance Program
The Rules Compliance Program (RCP) is required for coaches of grades 7-12.
Rules, Guidelines, and Materials
- Preseason Practices Outside the School Year Regulations (updated for 2013)
- Pre-Season Football Practice Limitations Q and A
- 2013-2014 Rule Changes
- Summer Strength and Conditioning Program Regulations
- Sport Season Dates and Number of Games Allowed 2013-14
- Charitable Cause Guidelines
- Round Robin Scheduling
- Off Season and Non-School Participation Regulations
- Booster Club Guidelines
Educational & Training Programs
Policy and Administration
- Constitution & Contest Rules
- Eligibility Standards for UIL Contests
- No Child Left Behind - AYP Transfers and Varsity Athletic Eligibility
- Courses Eligible for No Pass No Play Exemption
- UIL Anabolic Steroid Testing Program Information
- Superintendent Reporting Requirements Under the Disciplinary Proceedings for Educators
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- CSIET Approved Program List for Foreign Exchange Students
The UIL provides services to its member schools in the organization and administration of region and state championships in 14 sports. The athletics homepage is designed to provide information on all UIL sponsored sports.
Athletics News & Updates
Basketball Ticket Sales to be Delayed
General public ticket sales for the 2015 UIL Basketball State Championships will be postponed briefly while the UIL considers options for the dates and locations of the boys and girls basketball state championships. The UIL is considering the best possible solution to the difficulties with availability and affordability of hotels caused by concurrent events, as well as other event-related issues, and will be making a decision as soon as possible. The League wants to provide the best state championship experience for student-athletes, coaches and fans involved in these tournaments. Once a final decision has been made, it will be communicated via the UIL website.
2014-15 Volleyball Alignments
The 2014-15 Volleyball alignments have been posted on the alignments page.
Alignments for other activities will follow in the next few weeks.
UIL Track & Field State Meet - Wheelchair Division
An amendment to the University Interscholastic League Constitution and Contest Rules, passed by the Legislative Council in October 2013, will add wheelchair competition events as a pilot program to the 2014 Track and Field State Meet.
Questions may be directed to Traci Neely, UIL Assistant Athletic Director or Dr. Mark Cousins, UIL Director of Athletics.
Football News & Information
See attached document for 2014-15 football news and information on the following topics:
- Renaming of playing weeks
- 5A & 6A sub-varsity games during Week 1
- 40 Second Clock
- Spring Training
- Teams Advancing to the Playoffs, 2014-15
2014 Golf State Championships - Date Change
In an attempt to avoid a possible conflict with the UIL golf state championships and regional academic competition, the UIL has announced it is changing the dates of its 1A and 2A golf state tournaments.
Originally scheduled for Thursday, May 1 and Friday, May 2 in Austin, the new dates for the 1A and 2A state championships are now Wednesday, April 30 and Thursday, May 1. The sites, 1A at Lions Golf Course and 2A at Roy Kizer Golf Course, remain unchanged.
The dates for the 5A, 4A and 3A state championships also remain unchanged.
The new schedule for the 2014 UIL Golf State Championships are as follow:
5A - Onion Creek Club
4A - The University of Texas Golf Club
3A - Hyatt Lost Pines Golf Resort
April 30-May 1
2A - Roy Kizer Golf Course
1A - Lions Golf Course