UIL Anabolic Steroid List
The UIL Anabolic Steroid List includes the substances listed below which meet the description of Anabolic Steroid contained in section 481.104 of the Texas Health and Safety Code.
Anabolic Steroid List
- chlorotestosterone (4-chlortestosterone)
- dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)
- dihydrotestosterone (DHT)
- tetrahydrogestrinone (THG)
- and any substance, such as a compound or metabolite, that is chemically or pharmacologically related to testosterone, other than an estrogen, progestin, or corticosteroid, and promotes muscle growth
* For testosterone the definition of positive depends on an adverse analytical finding (positive result) based on the methods listed in section 1.2 which shows that the testosterone is of exogenous origin, or if the ratio of the total concentration of testosterone to that of epitestosterone in the urine is greater than 6:1, unless there is evidence that this ratio is due to a physiological or pathological condition.
Nutritional/dietary supplements may contain or be contaminated with substances listed above. In addition, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not strictly regulate the supplement industry; therefore purity and safety of nutritional dietary supplements cannot be guaranteed. Impure supplements may lead to a positive steroid test. The use of supplements is at the student-athlete’s own risk. Student-athletes should contact their physician or athletic trainer, if available, for further information.