Swimming & Diving Frequently Asked Questions
+ Show All Answers
- Who is eligible for junior varsity competition?
- Students may compete on the junior varsity if:
- May swimmers be paid to coach youth club teams?
- No. Swimmers may not receive pay for coaching. Swimmers may be paid to teach beginning swimming or life saving.
- Which time should be used when seeding the regional meet?
- The performance time from the district meet should be used for all regional meets.
- When does the swim season begin?
- Swimming does not have an assigned starting date. School coaches may schedule practice and meets within guidelines set by the district.
- How many meets may an individual enter?
- Each swimmer may enter a maximum of eight (8) school meets prior to the district meet.
- How many varsity teams may a school enter in a meet?
- Each school is allowed to enter one varsity team in the district meet. Most invitationals would also allow not more than one varsity team to enter a meet. The host school, when deviating from allowing one varsity swim team to enter, should inform visiting schools, that awards will be given in multiple varsity or sub varsity divisions.
- May club programs rent school facilities?
- Yes. Swim clubs may rent from a school district according to the district policy. When clubs rent school facilities, students and coaches are subject to the eight-hour rule. School coaches are discouraged from coaching non-school teams that might conflict with students in the attendance zone.
- How many events may a swimmer enter in a swim meet?
- A student may enter a maximum of four events. No more than two of these events may be individual events. This would allow a student to enter three relays and one individual event.