It is most important that each UIL member school stay current with all athletic rules and policies. This page contains sport specific rule and season information for volleyball. For additional information on UIL rules, refer to the policy section or the manuals section of our web site.
1A and 2A Volleyball Alignments/Playoffs
Please see the information below concerning the 2015-2016 UIL 1A and 2A volleyball.
- The 2015-2016 alignments have been released and posted under the alignments page (http://www.uiltexas.org/volleyball/alignments).
- Four 2A teams from each district will advance to the 2A bracket.
- Three 1A teams from each district will advance to the 1A bracket.
- Each District Executive Committee will determine the guidelines for playoff teams in 1A and 2A.
- The 2A volleyball district chair is responsible for certifying BOTH 1A and 2A prior to the district certification deadline.
2015-16 UIL Athletic Rule Changes
Volleyball Dates 2016-17 (Tentative)
|Date||Event or Deadline|
|August 1||First day to issue equipment and conduct workouts outside the school day, all conferences. (Grades 9-12 and separate ninth grade teams on separate campuses. Students in grades 8 and below may not work out before the first day of school.)|
|August 5||First day for scrimmages, all conferences|
|August 8||First day for matches, all conferences. A team is limited to the allowance of two contests per calendar week (Monday through Saturday) plus a tournament. Three matches may be played during the first two calendar weeks allowed for matches (according to the official UIL calender). If school is in session, the one contest per school week rule must be followed.|
|October 29||District Certification - All conferences|
|October 31 - November 1||Bi-district - All conferences|
|November 3-5||Area - All conferences|
|November 7-8||Regional Quarterfinals - All conferences|
|November 11-12||Regional Tournament- All conferences|
|November 16-19||State Tournament|
* All dates, times, and materials are subject to change.