TILF Scholarship Application
The 2013 TILF scholarship application will be available for submission on this page from M arch 4 - May 31, 2013. Please come back during that time period to access the application.
(NOTE: Due to the late competition date of the Texas State Solo and Ensemble Contest (TSSEC), applicants competing in that contest must complete their applications by June 28, 2013.)
Please note that students need only submit one application to be considered for all applicable scholarships.
All applicants will receive notification of their status in late July. Please contact Trudy Richards, TILF Scholarship Coordinator, with any questions.
Important Steps to a Successful Application:
- Complete all required fields on the application. (Note: Welch Foundation and Red Oak Foundation applicants must also complete an additional statement.)
Submit the following items by mail. If you do not submit these items after you submit your application, your application will be incomplete and will not be considered.
- An official transcript from your high school which lists your SAT and ACT scores.
- A letter of recommendation from one of the following school administrators: superintendent, principal, assistant principal, UIL coach, or counselor.
- A copy of the first two pages of your parent(s) or guardian's most recent IRS form 1040. Social security numbers and bank routing numbers may be blacked out. If this form is unavailable, provide a letter of explanation from your parent, guardian, or one of the school administrators listed above.
Arrange the items in the order listed above and include your full name with all correspondence. Please, no staples. Send the documents to the following address:
Texas Interscholastic League Foundation
P.O. Box 8028
Austin, TX 78713-8028
All items must be postmarked by May 31, 2013. Due to the late competition date of the Texas State Solo and Ensemble Contest (TSSEC), applicants competing in that contest must have their materials postmarked by June 28, 2013. Late applications will not be considered.
- Please note that submitting multiple applications does not improve your chances of being selected for a scholarship. If you submit multiple applications, only the most recent one will be used.
Due to high applicant volume, we cannot confirm receipt of individual materials. If you have specific questions or concerns about materials you've sent in, please email the TILF office at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will respond as soon as possible. All applicants will be notified of the outcome by mail, which will be sent late July. We wish the applicants the best of luck during this process.
IMPORTANT: If you decide to attend a different university or college than the one listed on your original application, you must contact our office immediately.