Recent Academics Site News & Updates
Essay Competition Update
Clarification in Spelling & Vocabulary Contest
There is a misunderstanding regarding the correct use of the American Heritage Dictionary with respect to the UIL Spelling and Vocabulary Contest. For more, click here.
Reminder: Essay Contests Deadline is February 22.
UIL Essay Contests
The deadline for the essay contest is February 22. Submit your essay here.
Effective for the 2016-2017 school year for the high school Science contest.
UIL Legislative Council Meeting Results - October 2016
The University Interscholastic League Legislative Council met Sunday and Monday to make decisions on proposed rule changes in UIL academics, athletics, music and policy.
Congratulations to the inaugural UIL State Champions in the FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC):
- Team 118 from Clear Creek ISD
- Team 148 from Greenville HS
- Team 5242 from Dallas Wilson HS
- Team 5726 from San Antonio Harlandale HS
Congratulations to State Runners-Up:
- Team 418 from the Austin Liberal Arts & Science Academy
- Team 1296 from Rockwall HS
- Team 4587 from Houston Jersey Village HS
Congratulations to the inaugural UIL State Champions in the FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC):
- Team 3781 from Austin Westlake HS
- Team 6209 from Austin Vandegrift HS
- Team 6710 from Austin Westlake HS
Congratulations to State Runner-Up - Team 10782 from Laredo Martin HS
The first-ever UIL Robotics State Championship event will take place July 28-30, 2016 at the Austin Convention Center.
6A Wild Card Teams Qualifying to State
This list will be official following a 24 hour verification period- all wild card teams advance as state qualifiers.