Policy and Administration
- June 2016 Legislative Council Results
- Policy on Broadcasts of UIL Events
- 2016 Spring Referendum Ballot
- 2016-17 Orientation Packet for UIL Sponsors, Advisors, Directors and Coaches
- No Child Left Behind - AYP Transfers and Varsity Athletic Eligibility
- Public Education Grant (PEG) Transfers and Varsity Athletic Eligibility
- Take 13 Minutes to Learn About the UIL
The League's policy governance consists of district-wide committees, as well as the State Executive Committee that interprets the rules, settles disputes between different UIL districts and disputes which arise past the district level. The SEC also conducts investigations and hearings of alleged violations, and hears appeals. The Legislative Council retains oversight on all rules and and has delegated authority from the Commissioner of Education to approve rule changes.
The UIL Constitution and Contest Rules are the official rules that govern all UIL-sponsored activities and also define the direction, function and purpose of the League.
The sole purpose of eligibility rules and contest regulations is to keep competition equitable and to maintain activities in proper perspective.
If you would like to present at the Oct. 19th Legislative Council meeting, you may attend the 8:00 meeting, to be held at the Austin North Marriott, 2600 La Frontera Blvd., Round Rock, and present as an unscheduled speaker.